Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Recent Work

During the critique I was basically told by the class what I had already heard from Kim, Danielle, and what I was thinking. I need to work bigger. I was intimidated by working big to start with because I was so overwhelmed with the idea of even painting portraits to begin with. I also need to work on my blending within highlights and shadows in the painting. It was my first time with oils, and painting a portrait, I know I need a lot more work, but it is a start.
Currently I am now working on another portrait. I started with a much bigger canvas, and am playing around with shadows and highlights. I am not even very far along with it yet, but it feels more comfortable while painting, and I am enjoying it much more. Being able to play around with brush stroke is something I have been enjoying as well.

As Danielle and I discussed, painting is something very foreign to me, and I doubt myself way too frequently, and need to remember that I am learning, and the more I paint, the better and better I will get at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment